International -

Parma ham records solid growth for 2018

The Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma, the association of Parma ham manufacturers, has reported total production of 8.5 million Parma hams for 2018. This represents growth of 4.8 percent compared to the previous year.

A total of 70 percent of the air-dried ham from the Parma region was sold in Italy and the remaining 30 percent were exported to more than 100 countries. Exports recorded a slight increase compared to 2017 with about 2.6 million hams and estimated sales of 280 million Euro and were equally concentrated on the EU markets (60 percent) and the international markets (40 percent).

407,000 Parma hams were exported to Germany (+1.7 percent compared to the previous year), generating sales of about 37 million Euro. This places Germany in second position of the EU export countries behind France (470,000 Parma hams, +13 percent). The leading export market for 2018 is the US with 594,000 hams (+3.5 percent and sales of 53 million Euro).

© fleischerei.de 2020 - Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Kommentare
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um Ihren Kommentar angeben zu können.
Login

* Pflichtfelder bitte ausfüllen